Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Prayer Request

My little sister Mercy was taken to the hospital yesterday (she is three). She had the flu which turned into pneumonia; one of her lungs is completely filled with fluid, and it permeated into the cavity around the lungs and the heart. She's in critical condition in ICU, knocked out on antibiotics and morphine. She is on a ventilator. They're hoping they don't have to do surgery to drain the fluid from her; hopefully the antibiotics will take care of that.

The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. I'm actually really concerned about my siblings; my parents let slip something about "if Jesus takes Mercy", and they all freaked out. I'm kind of mad at my rents for scaring the kids with that. I have faith that it's not as bad as that, and that Jesus is going to heal her.

Please pray, and thank you in advance. The last person I posted about for prayer, Cassie, is doing much better, and will hopefully be coming home soon. Again, James 5:16.

Peace.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Chelsey, as I have told you, I believe that this is the set up for an awesome miracle for a testimony to His glory. Trust Him regardless of the circumstances. Chelsey, my dear, these things occur so that you and your family may draw closer together and, more importantly, grow in the strength of your faith. I love you all, as I always will, and I am praying for you guys, too. Keep on the Narrow Path! God bless!

Elizabeth J. said...

Hey there! I came across your blog and wanted to tell you that your blog is very nice.=) You might be interested in checking out www.thecutestblogontheblock.com for really pretty (and free) blogger templates. God bless.